RED WEDDING: WOMEN UNDER THE KHMER ROUGE | A Women Make Movies New Release

Women Make Movies Educate educate at WMM.COM
Fri May 31 17:19:08 UTC 2013

Hi All,

I am writing from Women Make Movies, the leading non profit distributor of films by and about women. I thought the members of this listserv would be interested to know about our new release RED WEDDING: WOMEN UNDER THE KHMER ROUGE. This great educational resource explores critical issues around Human Rights, Global Feminism, Violence against Women and Cambodian History.

RED WEDDING: WOMEN UNDER THE KHMER ROUGE <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c849.shtml>

The Killing Fields in Cambodia became known to the world but little is known about the struggles of the women left behind. From 1975-79, Pol Pot's campaign to increase the population forced at least 250,000 young Cambodian women to marry Khmer Rouge soldiers they had never met before. Sochan Pen was one of them. At 16, she was beaten and raped by her husband before managing to escape, though deeply scarred by her experience. After 30 years of silence, Sochan is ready to file a complaint with the international tribunal that will try former Khmer leaders. With quiet dignity, she starts demanding answers from those who carried out the regime's orders.

View the trailer here <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLTrf6ra8sE>
Purchase the film here <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c849.shtml>

Special Offer on selected South Asia films!
Get any of these titles at 50% off when you purchase RED WEDDING at list price!

*This offer applies to institutions only; public libraries, K-12 and community groups still receive any title for only $89.

SAVING FACE <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c838.shtml>
Academy Award® Winner for Documentary (Short Subject)
"I dare anyone to watch this film and not be moved to tears and inspired into action." Angelina Jolie, Time Magazine

AFTER THE RAPE: THE MUKHTAR MAI STORY <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c775.shtml>
"An inspiration to all who hope for a better life and expanded educational opportunities for women of the developing world." Gail Minault, Professor of History, University of Texas, Austin

INVOKING JUSTICE <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c834.shtml>
Women are creating change in male dominated South Asia. "This is a particularly important film for our times." Stephen Hughes, School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London

MADE IN INDIA: SURROGACY <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c805.shtml>
"Highly recommended with great insight into an emerging international trend." EMRO

PINK SARIS <http://www.wmm.com/filmcatalog/pages/c789.shtml>
As Broadcast on HBO
"Highly Recommended" EMRO
"PINK SARIS is a multilayered, psychologically complex portrait." Variety

You can place your order directly through WMM's Online Shopping Cart. During checkout, enter promo code REDWEDLS13 and your discount will be applied. For questions, email orders at wmm.com, or call 212.925.0606 x360. Offer ends July 1, 2013.

*Other exceptions may apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Excludes home video and public libraries, K-12 and community groups.

Please let me know if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

Sincerely,

Liane Costello
Women Make Movies
115 W. 29th Street, Suite 1200,
New York, NY  10001
www.wmm.com

WE’VE MOVED! As of 4/1, our new address is 115 W. 29th Street, Suite 1200, New York, NY  10001.