IGALA Graduate Representative

Clare Anderson CHA637 at BHAM.AC.UK
Mon Jan 20 08:53:16 UTC 2014

 Dear colleagues

My name is Clare Anderson and I am in the 4th year of my PhD at the University of Birmingham. I am privileged to be the Graduate Representative on the IGALA board and as IGALA 8 approaches, I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to you - electronically for now, but hopefully in person at the conference.

As Graduate Rep, I am your point of contact for issues relating to IGALA and what it can offer as an organisation to the graduate community; I'm interested to hear any ideas and thoughts you may have about how IGALA can be more relevant and supportive to your lives as scholars and academics. I have two specific responsibilities with regard to the conference itself: organising the Graduate Essay competition and a Graduate workshop - I'll give more details about both of these events soon.

In the meantime please don't hesitate to contact me (cha637 at bham.ac.uk) with any questions or thoughts and I'll be delighted to try and help. I look forward to meeting as many of you as possible in Vancouver.

best wishes,

Clare