[Gala-l] IGALA Advisory Council - New Members

Michelle M Lazar ellmml at nus.edu.sg
Fri Mar 13 04:11:03 UTC 2015

Dear IGALA Members,

It is my pleasure to announce the new IGALA Advisory Council members, who have been elected for a period of three years. The Ordinary Members are Lilian Atanga, Holly Cashman, Federica Formato, Lucy Jones, and Joanna Pawelczyk. The Graduate Student Representative is Benedict Rowlett. Also part of the new Advisory Council are Brian King (as IGALA 9 Conference Organiser) and Tommaso Milani (as Journal Liaison Member in his capacity as co-editor of Gender and Language).

It is equally my pleasure to express thanks and sincere appreciation to the previous Advisory Council members who, with much energy and enthusiasm, have done a splendid job for IGALA in the past few years. They are Clare Anderson (Graduate Student Representative), Mercedes Bengoechea, Holly Cashman, Carmen Caldas-Coulthard, Grace Diabah, Laurel Kamada, Brian King and Joana Plaza Pinto.

My thanks also to Agnes Kang, IGALA Secretary, who helped me run the Advisory Council Election, and to Lia Litosseliti, Past President.   Also, very importantly, thanks to all of you who took the time to participate in the Advisory Council Election, either as candidates or voters!

On the note of voting, I should mention that we had to disqualify some of the votes, unfortunately, as the voters were not registered as Current Members.  If you are not a Current Member, I urge you to please apply or renew your membership at http://www.equinoxpub.com/journals/index.php/GL/membership

Now that the Advisory Council Election has been concluded, very shortly we will be beginning the process of electing TWO new candidates for the Executive Posts - (1) for Vice-President/President-Elect and (2) Secretary. Do watch out for that announcement, and once again, we look forward to your continued participation - as candidates, nominators and voters!

Best regards,

Michelle Lazar
IGALA President.

Important: This email is confidential and may be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other person. Thank you.