[Gala-l] IGALA BLOG

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 15:52:37 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well.

I am writing with regard to the IGALAblog. The deadline for submitting your
posts has been extended, it is now *5th March*. Please do not hesitate to
send your contributions, we would love to publish them on the website.
If you are new to the list, this is the link where you can read our blog:
http://igalaweb.wix.com/igala#!igala-blog/cbfq

The blog is work in progress, so we welcome your comments and suggestions
too! Based on a comment we have received we are happy to introduce a new
section in each issue. The section will contain responses to posts appeared
in the previous issues. If you have read the posts and you believe that you
can contribute to the discussion, please do not hesitate to send a
topic-related post, citing the one/s you are responding to.

This is a reminder of the issues we have published so far:

ISSUE 1 RESEARCHING LANGUAGE AND GENDER: FROM STEREOTYPES TO SCHOLARLY
INVESTIGATION.
ISSUE 2: GENDER AND RELIGION IN THE PUBLIC SPACE: (MIS)UNDERSTANDINGS AND
(UN)CONVENTIONAL ROLES.

In terms of future topics, I would like to publish an issue on teaching
language and gender. I think it could be great food for thought for those
of us who teach this subject.

Don't forget you can interact with our contributors and with other readers
on our social media pages, Facebook (
https://www.facebook.com/InternationalGenderandLanguageAssociationIGALA/)
and Twitter (@IGALAssoc) too. You can send your posts at
federicaformato.ac at gmail.com.

I look forward to meeting many of you in Hong Kong.

Best wishes,

Federica Formato BA, MA, PhD

Researcher in Language and Gender

Member Advisory Council *IGALA* (International Gender and Language
Association)

Lecturer in Multimodality - Loughborough University

Lecturer in Language and Gender - Westminster University

Lecturer in Corpus Linguistics - Salford University

Columnist *Lingua di Genere*

http://tinyurl.com/linguadigenere

"Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
(B.Harper)