[Gala-l] Call for posts - IGALA BLOG

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 10:00:35 UTC 2016

Dear all,

first of all, *Happy New Year*! This year is going to be a great one for
IGALA with the conference approaching and I hope to meet many of you in
Hong Kong! (please do not forget that we are still accepting submissions
from graduate students ONLY - deadline 5th January).

Today I am writing with regard to *our blog*! The first issue was a great
success and the second issue is on its way, indeed we will be posting more
contributions later this month. You can access the blog here
<http://igalaweb.wix.com/igala#!igala-blog/cbfq>.

We have now open the *call for posts* for the next issues (published in
March/April). We would love to receive your contributions on the topic of
language and gender. If you feel like sharing stories, events, reflections
on how 'gender' may affect or is affected by language, we would be more
than happy to share it on our website. Whether you are a member of staff or
a student or a member of a non-academic audience please do send your
contributions. We will review them and advise you on changes and/or the
date of publication.

The deadline for submitting your post is *15 February 2016*. You can send
it to federicaformato.ac at gmail.com. The posts must be in *English* (*and*
in another language if you wish) and its word count should not exceed *500-700
words*.

Best wishes,

Federica Formato BA, MA, PhD

Researcher in Language and Gender

Member Advisory Council *IGALA* (International Gender and Language
Association)

Lecturer in Multimodality - Loughborough University

Lecturer in Language and Gender - Westminster University

Lecturer in Corpus Linguistics - Salford University

Columnist *Lingua di Genere*

http://tinyurl.com/linguadigenere

"Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
(B.Harper)