[Gala-l] IGALA BLOG - THIRD ISSUE: INTERSECTIONALITY

Federica Formato federicaformato.ac at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:06:27 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I hope this email finds you well. It was a real pleasure to meet some of
you in Hong Kong. *Congratulations *to Agnes for becoming the New President
(and *Thank you *Michelle for your hard work). Let me also thank the
Advisory Board and those involved in IGALA9, it was a fantastic conference!

I am writing with regard to the *Igala Blog*. We have just published the
third issue. The topic is intersectionality and the posts deals with it
from a theoretical point of view as well as presenting some findings from
intersections between gender and class and gender and age.

You can contact the contributors of the posts directly (see contact details
at the end of their posts) or send a '*reply *post' which could be
published in the next issue.

The contributors of this issue are:

- Jane Sunderland, Intersectionality: what is it, and what can it be?
- Abigaël Candelas de la Ossa, The “New” Intersectionality?
- Jai MacKenzie, Analysing Mumsnet Talk at the Intersection of gender and
class
- Clare Anderson, Public voices, private voices: an investigation of the
discourses of gender and age

You can find the blog here <http://igalaweb.wix.com/igala#!igala-blog/cbfq>.
Do not forget to share and comment on the posts on our social media pages.

We look forward to receiving your contributions. The next issue is planned
for September, so please do send your posts by August, 16.

Best,

Federica Formato BA, MA, PhD

Researcher in Language and Gender

Member Advisory Council *IGALA* (International Gender and Language
Association)

Lecturer in Multimodality - Loughborough University

Visiting Lecturer in Language and Gender - Westminster University

Lecturer in Corpus Linguistics - Salford University

Lecturer in Sociolinguistics - Edge Hill University

F. Formato (in press) ‘Ci sono troie in giro in Parlamento che farebbero di
tutto.’ Italian female politicians seen through a sexual lens. *Gender and
Language,* 11 (3).

Columnist *Lingua di Genere*

http://tinyurl.com/linguadigenere

"Make sure the fortune that you seek is the fortune that you need"
(B.Harper)