[Gala-l] publication announcement

Marie-Dominique Garnier mdgiamarchi at bluewin.ch
Thu Nov 3 16:28:37 UTC 2016

Dear list moderator,

I would like to post an announcement concerning the recent publication of my book, in French, titled Alphagenre, (Paris, Editions l’Harmattan, 2016).
This essay, marginally connected to linguistics,  adopts a visual approach to language and
to the language of forms, more precisely with the “form” and facticity of a letter that has seemed to gain recent graphic promotion in “hegemonic” discursive exchanges in contemporary French — G or g.
The book is an inventory of words revisited in terms of  a “gendering” visual agenda.

Pasted below is a brief presentation of the book, followed with a short translation.

Yours sincerely,

Marie-Dominique Garnier
Professor of Gender Studies
Université de Paris 8