[Gala-l] Possible IGALA 10 travel funding for US-based graduate students

Cashman, Holly Holly.Cashman at unh.edu
Fri Dec 15 14:51:41 UTC 2017

Dear IGALA members,

As you know, today (15 December) is the deadline for IGALA 10 abstracts. We have just received news that the National Science Foundation (NSF) will recommend for funding the application for grants to support US graduate students attending the conference and presenting a paper. So, we are writing to
-- encourage you to submit an abstract if you are a graduate student
-- ask you to spread the word to your graduate students if you are an advisor or mentor
Even if travel to Botswana is out of reach financially, it is likely that graduate students will be able to apply for funding to cover the cost of travel.

(More information about applying for these grants will be forthcoming once the grant is funded. All US-based graduate students whose abstracts are accepted will be invited to apply.)

Best,
Holly

Holly R. Cashman
Chair and Associate Professor of Spanish (Linguistics);
Core Faculty in Women's Studies & Coordinator of Queer Studies
Pronouns: she/her/hers

V: 603.862.3123 | F: 603.862.1690
TTY 7-1-1 (Relay NH)

Department of Languages, Literatures, & Cultures
210 Murkland Hall
15 Library Way
Durham, NH 03824-3520
holly.cashman at unh.edu

Queer, Latinx, and Bilingual: Narrative Resources in the Negotiation of Identities (Routledge, 2018)
www.routledge.com/9780415739092<http://www.routledge.com/9780415739092>