[Gala-l] Judith Baxter: Scholar, Researcher and Mentor - Call for Papers

Jai Mackenzie J.MacKenzie at bham.ac.uk
Mon Jun 25 10:36:43 UTC 2018

*** with apologies for cross-posting ***

Dear colleagues,

Please see the call for papers (attached) for an event commemorating the life and work of Professor Judith Baxter, to be held at Aston University in November. Please do disseminate to anyone who might be interested – we are looking to share this call as widely as possible, across a range of disciplines and contexts. Details of the event are summarised below.

Judith Baxter: Scholar, Researcher and Mentor

Call for papers

Friday, 23rd November 2018

The Centre for Critical Inquiry into Society and Culture, Aston University

Supported by the BAAL Language, Gender and Sexuality special interest group

The Centre for Critical Inquiry into Society and Culture at Aston University is inviting presentations from individuals who have been touched by Judith Baxter’s work in some way. These presentations may focus on research or working practice, but we ask that there is a clear focus on Judith’s influence as a scholar, researcher or mentor. Proposals should be submitted to Jai Mackenzie and Erika Darics at e.darics at aston.ac.uk<mailto:e.darics at aston.ac.uk>.

Key dates

3rd September 2018 – deadline for submissions

14th September 2018 – notification of acceptance

For more information, please contact Jai Mackenzie and Erika Darics at e.darics at aston.ac.uk<mailto:e.darics at aston.ac.uk>.