[Gala-l] Call for Papers: The 11th Linguistic Landscape Workshop (XIScape2019)

Pavadee Saisuwan Pavadee.S at chula.ac.th
Tue Sep 25 13:51:03 UTC 2018

Dear IGALA members,

Below is the call for papers for the 11th Linguistic Landscape Workshop (XIScape 2019) which will happen in 4-6 June 2019 at Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok. One of the topics recommended for abstract submission is Linguistic Landscape and identity, including gender identity. So the workshop may be of interest to some of the members.

Best,

Pavadee

---
Pavadee Saisuwan, PhD
Department of Linguistics
Faculty of Arts
Chulalongkorn University?

Call for Papers
The 11th Linguistic Landscape Workshop (XIScape2019)
4 - 6 June 2019
Chulalongkorn University?
Bangkok, Thailand
http://www.arts.chula.ac.th/ling/llfest/
contact at xiscape2019.com<mailto:contact at xiscape2019.com>

As the first Linguistic Landscape workshop convened in Asia, the theme for this year's XIScape2019 is, appropriately, "East Meets West: Social Reflection and Integration." Among the topics welcomed are:

*   LL in diverse parts of the world
*   LL, language contact, and cultural diffusion
*   LL in different domains of language use
*   LL and language policy and planning
*   Contributions of LL to interdisciplinary frameworks
*   Application of LL to real-life problems
*   LL and language proficiency
*   LL and social values, social function, social ideology
*   LL and identity (gender, religion, etc.)
*   Verbal art in LL

In keeping with recent practice, we interpret "linguistic landscape" broadly to include both language in all its forms along with the non-linguistic, semiotic affordances that create and convey meaning.

With this in mind, and following the precedent of previous workshops, we invite you to submit your abstract (with keywords) no later than 1 December 2018 - see submission link below. Please be assured that this is an absolute deadline and there will be no last-minute extensions.

Your abstract should be no more than 300 words. References must be included as a separate pdf file and submitted in the upload area provided:

*   your theoretical framework or core literature is made explicit;
*   you give at least two or three citations with full references;
*   your data/evidence and analytical/interpretive process is clearly stated;
*   you offer five or six keywords.

Your abstracts will be reviewed by our review committee (to be announced) and we expect to confirm acceptance by 21 January 2019.

Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=xiscape2019