[Gala-l] Gender under attack in Latin America

Rodrigo Borba rodrigoborba at letras.ufrj.br
Mon Jan 14 13:58:15 UTC 2019

Dear colleagues,

As some of you may already know, gender studies have been turned into an
enemy of conversative governments in Latin America (and elsewhere such as
Hungary). The alliance between the extreme-right and Evangelical churches
has demonized gender and human rights. Here's a recent documentary that
helps explain what is happening. I share this with you because I believe
IGALA and its member need to be ready to counterattack this global trend.
Here's the link to the documentary:  www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOJTB57Cl9s
(subtitles in English) in case you're interested.

Best,

Rodrigo

[image: Imagem inline 1]