[Gala-l] Call for Papers: American Name Society 2020 conference

Laurel Sutton laurelasutton at gmail.com
Fri May 17 20:59:38 UTC 2019

Hello all,

Attached is the official Call for Papers for the American Name Society
meeting January 2-5, 2020 in New Orleans It is held in conjunction with the
annual meeting of the Linguistic Society of America (
https://www.linguisticsociety.org/event/lsa-2019-annual-meeting).

Abstracts in any area of onomastic research are welcome, but we are
particularly interested in research on naming and gender, and topics of
interest to the LGBTQ community. Last year's conference saw a number of
outstanding presentations on naming and gender and sexual identity. We hope
to see even more in 2020!

*The deadline for receipt of abstracts is July 30, 2019. *

Please feel free to disseminate this call, and email me with questions if
you have them.

Thank you!

Laurel Sutton
ANS Vice President