[Gala-l] IGALA11 registration now open

Erez Levon e.levon at qmul.ac.uk
Thu Jan 30 10:27:00 UTC 2020

Dear all,

Registration for IGALA11 is now open. The conference will take place at Queen Mary University of London from 29 June - 2 July. Information can be found on the conference website<https://www.qmul.ac.uk/igala11/registration--accommodation/registration/>.

IGALA11 will feature 192 talks in 6 parallel sessions, including 6 thematic panels organised around the conference theme of Language and the Geopolitics of Gender. IGALA11 will also feature 4 plenary lectures by leading language and gender scholars: Susan Ehrlich, Michelle Lazar, Busi Makoni and Lal Zimman.

In addition to conference participation, registration for IGALA11 includes all refreshment breaks, lunch on 30 June and 1-2 July, the opening reception in the evening of 29 June and the conference dinner/party on 1 July.

A limited amount of on-campus accommodation is also available for the conference. Details can be found on the accommodation page on our website<https://www.qmul.ac.uk/igala11/registration--accommodation/accommodation/>. The cost of accommodation is in addition to registration.

We encourage conference attendees to join IGALA, but this is not a requirement (IGALA membership is required for people presenting at IGALA11). IGALA membership is renewed annually in January and includes a subscription (print and/or online) to the association's journal Gender & Language. You can join/renew online<https://journals.equinoxpub.com/GL/login?source=%2FGL%2Fuser%2Fsubscriptions>. Student discounts are available. IGALA membership fees are in addition to conference registration fees.

Please let us know if you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in London in June!

best,
Erez

on behalf of the IGALA11 organising committee

---
Erez Levon
Professor of Sociolinguistics
Queen Mary University of London