[gothic-l] Discovery of Gothic Fragment

jdm314 at AOL.COM jdm314 at AOL.COM
Mon Aug 28 04:30:02 UTC 2000

Matthaius writes:

> Corrections noted, made and appreciated.
> Gudrun I had no idea for. I chose Gud- over Gunn-
> because the sense "god-mystery" made more sense
> to me for some reason. Battle-mystery is intriguing but perplexing.
> A kenning for what exactly?

It refers to the secret plans that the rebels stole, for a battlestation so
powerful it can destroy entire planets!

Emanuel writes:

<< Please, could anybody translate this for me into Gothic ?

 Mat is an incorrigible lier.

 BTW, this sort of tricks are rather "Gothic" ;)   >>

I can't translate that offhand, but speaking of Goths and incorrigible liars,
I just visited the spot where the Kensington Runestone was "unearthed"

-IUSTEINUS

Apply NOW!