[gothic-l] Re: Newbie: textbooks; Gothic separating from Common Germanic

Matthew Carver mcarver at CSULB.EDU
Wed Aug 30 17:45:23 UTC 2000

Apply NOW!

--- In gothic-l at egroups.com, jdm314 at a... melida:

> A quick note: I don't think Wulfila invented that particular
convention as, believe it or not, I have seen it used in manuscripts
written in Greek. I don't recall what the date was on those, but I'm
betting it was before the invention of the Gothic Alphabet. (It was
in the Oxyrhynchus manuscripts if you're wondering)

Touche', Justin :) invention was a bad word-choice. convention, i
wanted to say :)

Matþaius (who goes to look up the difference between in- and ga-)