SV: [gothic-l] Marcomannic Challenge in _Gladiator_

jdm314 at AOL.COM jdm314 at AOL.COM
Tue Jul 4 04:50:43 UTC 2000

I haven't taken a close look at the novel, perhaps I should... but in the
past when I've looked into such things in novels (e.g. the Lakota in Dances
with Wolves, or the Egyptian in Stargate) I have been SORELY disappointed.
Typically the novelist says something like "He asked him how to say his name
in their language, then repeated it several times" ;) Nevertheless, I'll have
a look next time I get a chance.

-JDM

In a message dated 7/3/2000 5:34:39 PM Central Daylight Time,
babeck at alphalink.com.au writes:

<< --- In gothic-l at egroups.com, Bertil Häggman <mvk575b at t...> wrote:
 > I.,
 >
 > Yes, but the most important book is the one based
 > on the screenplay. I got the feeling that this book was
 > already out.
 >
 > Gothically
 >
 > Bertil

 I believe there is a book, "Gladiator" by Dewey Gram, which is
 already out, though I haven't seen it on the bookshelves yet.  But I
 don't know whether this is based on the screen-play or whether it is
 about the making of the film.

 Goleins,

 Brian   >>

WRITERS WANTED! Themestream allows ALL writers to publish their
articles on the Web, reach thousands of interested readers, and get
paid in cash for their work. Click below: