[gothic-l] Wulfila as priest who celebrate the Eucharistic Holy Mass

Werner van Nuffel werner.van.nuffel at PLANETINTERNET.BE
Tue Jul 4 15:25:33 UTC 2000

Dear Friends of the Gothic Language

As I could see in this message-list there was yet someone (Sarah) who
asked for an auditive recording of the 'Atta Unsar'. I can imagine
that others also can be interested in other recorded materiels :
- in the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
(holy cross-sign of the christians)
- Kyrie Eleison
- Gloria
- Credo
- Sanctus (the Holy Mantra of the church)
- The words spoken during the consecration
- Atta Unsar (already done)
- Ecce Agnus Dei
- Ave Maria
- Specific sentences used by the different sacraments

1° Do someone of you know which liturgical form of the Holy Mass
bishop Wulfila celebrates and did bishop Wulfila translated a
Eucharistic Holy Mass in Gothic and can this texts can be found
somewhere?
2° What we know about all sort of other liturgical texts he
translated in Gothic to use for his Gothic priests? (different
prayers for different occassions : for exemple the sacraments...)
3° What we knew about 'his' Gothic-Byzantine priests?

When someone of you had some books about this topics, please contact
me by e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

WRITERS WANTED! Themestream allows ALL writers to publish their
articles on the Web, reach thousands of interested readers, and get
paid in cash for their work. Click below: