[gothic-l] Introduction

Inge Van Keirsbilck ingevk at HOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 17 19:54:57 UTC 2000

Hails!

I'm sorry, but as yet this is all I can say (or write) in Gothic.
My name is Inge, and I study Germanic Languages at the University of Ghent,
Belgium. I study mainly Swedish and German, but I also have some knowledge
of Danish and a great interest in my native language, Dutch.
I also speak quite good Icelandic ( I lived there for a year as an exchange
student and plan to return very soon ).
This year I studied some Old Dutch and Gothic at university and I would like
to learn more about old Germanic languages in general.

I would really like to be able to use Gothic actively rather than just read
what was written ages ago and therefore I would like to ask those who
actually speak and write Gothic how they went about it.

WRITERS WANTED! Themestream allows ALL writers to publish their
articles on the Web, reach thousands of interested readers, and get
paid in cash for their work. Click below: