[gothic-l] Gothicisms and neology in gotlandic(gutam=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=E5?=ul)

Håkan L got at YESBOX.NET
Sat Jun 3 18:00:26 UTC 2000

I even found a neologism this time! I am not sure what a sent
teleprinter-message through the telephone-line is called in
english, "telefax?". But in this program they have invented a word,
0.58 wordflight "ordflaug".

1.35 Dä handlädä um blommar u fuglar..it was dealing about
flowers
and birds
1.42 Nu vait ja att dä er grasstiarnblomma..Now I know it is gras-
star-flower
..sma veite blommar..small white flowers
..plucktäs u läggdäs i drickä(gotlandic beer)..picked and
put in drink
1.58..dä påstas att russi(compare whalrus-"whalehorse")
kalastä pa
pergrasi tills di bleiv fulle sum kajer..it´s stated that the
horses
feasted on the (untranslateable)gras until they became drunk as (jack)
daws.

Well that´s all for this week!
I hope you enjoyed it.

Gutwulfs
Håkan Liljeberg

WRITERS WANTED! Themestream allows ALL writers to publish their
articles on the Web, reach thousands of interested readers, and get
paid in cash for their work. Click below: