[gothic-l] Re: Name origin and meaning

jdm314 at AOL.COM jdm314 at AOL.COM
Sun Jun 4 23:57:41 UTC 2000

In a message dated Sun, 4 Jun 2000  7:35:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, DavidNebula222 at aol.com writes:

<< Even games have rules; you know that!  Otherwise, who wants to play in CHAOS?? >>

You've clearly never seen me play anything ;)
    Anyway, you make a good point, but this is a little like insisting that someone who regularly lets his pens dry out can't be a good painter. I have yet to see ANY online circle whose english was not careless.
    Contrast, say, the Latin of the Grex Latine Loquentium, because people are trying so hard. The same generally applies to the Gothic here... few people feel up to composing, but those who do put a lot of effort into it. And furthermore if they screw up, they get mercilessly picked apart. But why bother picking apart Modern English? We have more important things to waste time on. ;)

-IUSTEINUS

WRITERS WANTED! Themestream allows ALL writers to publish their
articles on the Web, reach thousands of interested readers, and get
paid in cash for their work. Click below: