[gothic-l] A method to (re)construct...Other Old Germanic Languages

Bertil Häggman bertil.haggman at HELSINGBORG.SE
Tue Jun 20 14:06:05 UTC 2000

Personally I would write "people", not tribe.
The Vikings were Norwegians, Danes, Scanians and
Swedes. There was of course mo "viking people".

Quite a number of Vandal words are preserved, as well
as Burgundian. The Hunnic people was not a Germanic
people. Some Eruli and Gepidi names of persons are
preserved as well as Lombard. Of these only the Gepids
can be regarded as a Gothic people and within the scope
of this list. Anglo-Saxon is preserved and for Franks
and Alamans, I am at a loss.

Gothically

Bertil Haggman

What we know exactly about the languages of all the other German
Tribes (Vandals, Huns, Burgundians, Franks, Alamans, Angels, Saxen,
Vikings...)?