[gothic-l] Re: Germanic Migrations

dirk at SMRA.CO.UK dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Sat Nov 4 20:46:55 UTC 2000

Bertil,

First, I am not a linguist, which invalidates most of your statement
below. Second, historians by definition - and no self-respecting
historian would object - cannot contribute a lot to what are
essentially pre-historic times in our geographic area of interest.
What kind of material (original resources) can a historian study if
there are no historical resources? Linguists and archaeologists do
not need written sources for their research so they must uncover the
material and the interpretations. I am sure you will not object to
this, as we are otherwise enter a level that is too low to merit
dicussion on this list.

Dirk

blank email to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.
> > Homepage: http://www.stormloader.com/carver/gothicl/index.html