[gothic-l] Re: '*Thiudawordaz'/'*Thiudaiworda'?(crosspost)

Matthew Carver matt at INVISIONSTUDIOSINC.COM
Tue Nov 7 09:38:14 UTC 2000

Hails!
Sorry for the late response. Seems my messages have been bouncing :(

This sound change is one that happens in Germanic periods, between
Prot-Germanic through Common Germanic. We get o > u before r but u > o
before r in Gothic reverses this change.

Matþaius