[gothic-l] Lehmann's GEW

Tom De Herdt tom.deherdt at SKYNET.BE
Sun Nov 19 03:55:37 UTC 2000

>In related news, I just received tentative permission from Brill in Boston
>(by email, I will send a snailmail for hard verification) to publish a
>reverse index to the same Gothic Dictionary to be used in translating from
>MnE to Go. This will be available at no charge and no credit to my work, of
>course. However, because I have opted for manual entry of the data, it
>should be a little while yet before completion.
>
>Matþaius

>> But the book certainly tells you a lot more than the "Gotisch-Griechisch-
>> Deutsches Wörterbuch" that accompanies Streitberg's "Gotische Bibel".

A somewhat simplified version of Streitberg's Wörterbuch will be available at
Project Wulfila by next year (probably February). As I needed a complete list
of headwords for automatic lemmatization, I started entering his lexicon, i.e.
lemma and grammatical information. Later on I decided to add his translations
(in German) and comments, but for the time being I skipped the references and
Greek words. By now, I've reached the letter S.

þomas

eLerts