[gothic-l] Halirunnae in Getica

B. Gendler gendler at ICDC.COM
Wed Oct 4 21:13:49 UTC 2000

-Ïusteinus wrote:
> I could swear that while we did not come to a consensus on this topic, it did
> come up agvain after the post to which you (Gendler) refer, and at least
> someone suggested the same answer as you (Fragkisk).
>     Note that the word IS found in Koebler, and I did look it up, though as I
> recall I could not decypher his explanation of the first element. Mat aius,
> can you help us with this?
>
> -Ïusteinus

I keyword searched the archives and found nothing of substance on it. Sorry
if I am re-treading territory. I am sure that I am about to re-tread
territory again, but who is Koebler? What is the reference of which you
speak?

> Thus: halja-runa "hell's whisperer" or something like this.
> Francisc

This is brilliant, whether it's right or not, thanks.
                Gendler.

Restaurants, Movies, Weather, Traffic & More!
Access Tellme from any phone.  For more info visit: