[gothic-l] Lucky Luke

John Frauzel frauzel at AZSTARNET.COM
Thu Oct 12 06:49:57 UTC 2000

I think these are two coordinated dative absolutes. Sometimes the absolute
in Gothic is preceded by at (in which case it's not strictly absolute), and
sometimes not. The Greek text here has two genitive absolutes. Gothic
dative absolutes always correspond to genitive absolutes in Greek (but not
vice-versa). The participle, determiner and  noun in the first abs. are
fem. dat. sgl., in the second masc. dat. pl.
There is no third chapter of Luke in my Gothic NT (old Streitberg copy). Is
this from a more recently discovered manuscript?

At 01:27 AM 10/12/00 +0100, you wrote:
>Does anyone have the compassion and time to assist me on this one, please:
>
>At wenjandein þan allai managein, jah þagkjandam allaim ..
>
>It's out of Luke 3:15 and I wonder weather an "at" is subsumed repeated
>again before the word þagkjandam? Class,
>gender, conjugation, declination of key words then?
>
>Stuck.
>
>Seigmund

>You are a member of the Gothic-L list.  To unsubscribe, send a blank email
>to <gothic-l-unsubscribe at egroups.com>.
>Homepage: http://www.stormloader.com/carver/gothicl/index.html

John Frauzel  Phone 520 579-3235
		Fax 520 579-9780

Dial 1-800-555-TELL -- You Won't Believe Your Ears!
For more details, click here: