[gothic-l] Germanic matters

Anthony Appleyard MCLSSAA2 at FS2.MT.UMIST.AC.UK
Tue Oct 31 10:13:15 UTC 2000

Re Germanic and German matters in general:-

(1) How well reconstructable is the Common Germanic language? Could connected
general-purpose text be written in it?

(2) Hark Hall wrote:-
> on some other groups I am subscribed to, there is some very nasty messages
> advocating ... the philosophy of the KKK ...

  I see little point in all that flamage against Kuhnle Kopp und Kirsch Gmbh,
unless making steam turbines & gas turbines & centrifugal pumps in the Ruhr is
a more objectionable activity than I have heard of it being. :-) :-)

  (3) Bertil Häggman <mvk575b at tninet.se> wrote:-
> There is also the Armalist for people interested in the Roman Army and arms. Sometimes I
> participate just to annoy the admirers of the Roman empire and its soldiers ...

  or to use as a signoff such an ummentionable word for Romanophiles as

      TEUTOBURGERWALD

eGroups eLerts