[gothic-l] Re: Crimean Gothic; known Gothic other than via Wulfila

Francisc Czobor czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO
Thu Sep 28 14:43:21 UTC 2000

Dear Anthony,

There is the whole Busbecq's list of Crimean Gothic words on this
list
(message no. 427, Subject: Re: Crimean Goths) posted by David Salo,
together with his excelent analysis of these words.

Francisc

--- In gothic-l at egroups.com, "Anthony Appleyard" <MCLSSAA2 at f...>
wrote:

> Where can I get a full list of all known Crimean Gothic words?
>
> I remember seeing a Crimean Gothic word `ada' = "egg": its
treatment
of Common
> Germanic "-jj-" or similar looks specifically Gothic: compare
German
{Ei}, etc.

> We know Gothic words from:-
> Wulfila's Bible.
> Some proper-names from Roman etc sources.
> Crimean Gothic.
> Where else do we know any Gothic words or language at all?

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
2. Get rates as low as 2.99% Intro APR with NO annual fee!