[gothic-l] Ostrogothic or Visigothic Music

sunburst sunburst at JETSTREAM.NET
Sat Apr 14 06:36:56 UTC 2001

Hails Tim!

>Can I put in an order for your CD now? ;>

Sure!

>Those interested in the Germanic round lyre/harp might
>want to look at this link on how to make and play one:
>
>http://www.cs.vassar.edu/~priestdo/lyre.html

Yes, that site contains relyable and useful info on the topic.

>Several remains of Germanic harps
>have survived in Europe as well, making it fairly likely
>that the Goths used similar round lyres to accompany their
>songs/alliterative poetry.

I think so, and the literary evidence would seem to indicate such.  As far
as I know, there are no archeological remains of harps that can be
attributed to the Goths, but maybe some day!

>What are the pieces on your CD about Albareiks?

My "Songs of the Elder Trow" CD sells for $14.  US:

http://www.mindspring.com/~boojum/galdorcraft.htm

They are produced by THEOD, which also therefore sets the price.  I can only
assume my Gothic release, when it is eventually released, will be in the
same price range.

Albareiks