[gothic-l] Hey Bertil

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Fri Apr 20 17:19:18 UTC 2001

Hans,

Viktor Rydberg was a well-known Swedish poet, author
and journalism professor who published extensively in
the end of the 19th century. In the field of Germanic studies his
best known work is _Undersoekningar i germanisk
mythologi_ (1886-89). As a contribor to the Swedish
National Encyclopedia I received an special edition
of Rydberg's _Sagan om svaerdet_ (The Saga of
the Sword, 75 short chapters, 220 pp) with the original
manuscript text.

Originally the text for _Segersvaerdet_
(The Sword of Victory), published as a series of
articles in "Ny svensk tidskrift" (1884), was believed to
be identical to Rydberg's original manuscript.
But it was not so. In the articles the text had
ben condensed and changed. So the 1993 edition in
fact was an until now unknown work by Rydberg.
What I mean to say is that Rydberg is still published
in Sweden although his research by now may
be dated.

Gothically

Bertil

> I'd just like to have your opinion on something if I may. How would
> you deem the credibility of *Den äldre medeltidens kulturhistoria*
> (in *Kulturhistoriska föreläsningar*) by Viktor Rydberg?

ClubMom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating Moms! Join today - it's free - and get your chance to win
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Ppl8ZC/TFaCAA/qvCFAA/1rrVlB/TM