[gothic-l] Ostrogothae

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Thu Aug 16 07:22:23 UTC 2001

Tore,

My estimate are at least based on reliable
commentary (Nordin, Hoops etc).

What other tribes than the Ostrogothae in your opinion lived in
Oestergoetland say 500 BC to 1000 AD?

Gothically

Bertil
My experince of law is interpretations. Only mathematics is exact science.
Many people are judged only on a chain of circumstantial evidence. As far
as I can see this is what we are discussing here.

My guess is as good as yours. However I would like to place the Gautoi in
Västergötland and the eastern shore of the lage Vättern. The large forests
of Tiveden, Kolmården and Småländska höglandet as borders. Between the
Gautoi and the Baltic there were other tribes.