[gothic-l] Re: Names of Heruls

Troels Brandt trbrandt at POST9.TELE.DK
Sat Dec 1 01:06:17 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., dirk at s... wrote:
> --- In gothic-l at y..., "Troels Brandt" <trbrandt at p...> wrote:
> >
> > I did not ask about the Fennae. Taking your manipulation-theories
> > in other connections in consideration, I expect your answer on
> > the two questions about the midnightsun before opening the
> > discussion again. Take your time if that is what you need.

> Troels

> as long as you accuse me of presenting 'manipulation-theories'
> there is really no point in discussing this matter further.

Dirk

This must be a misunderstanding due to my language rather than an
evasion. I did not write that you were manipulating, if this is your
problem, but you have from the beginning accused Procopius to
manipulate both the names and the story about the Heruls in order to
show, that it was possible to repatriate the barbarians. Normally you
have referred to a theory about such a manipulation presented by
Goffart, but this motive does not cover the description of the
midnightsun and the source for that. This should also be a lie as it
contradicts Goffart.

Troels

Universal Inkjet Refill Kit $29.95
Refill any ink cartridge for less!