[gothic-l] Tribes in Ostrogothia

Oskar Andersson o.andersson at GAMLABYN.COM
Tue Dec 11 18:31:56 UTC 2001

Hello listmembers,

I would like to ask if someone knows about which other tribes were living in Ostrogothic Italy still maintaining their identity. I think Heather refers to Rugi as living indepedently with their own "subleader" ever since they joined Theodoric in 487. This info is from Procopius, btw.

Any ideas on independent peoples within Theodoric's reign? I do not ask for Romans, of course, but minor groupings... Any theories or ideas?

Thanks,
Oskar

Quit now for Great
American Smokeout