[gothic-l] The Eruli and the Stentoften Rune Inscription

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Tue Dec 18 16:56:09 UTC 2001

Tore,

Thank you for your question. In short I have tried
to introduce the Stentoften rune inscriptions as
a sign that the Eruli arrived in this area likely
in the 510s AD. The names are those of the
Eruli royal family and Stentfoften is aound a
century older than assumed (erected between
500 - 550 AD). A kingdom was in existance
comprising western Blekinge. eastern Scania
and Varend. This does not exclude the
possibility that the Eruli continued further north.

Erulicall/Gothically

Bertil

> I am not sure I understand the background for combining runes - and
> the runestones in Blekinge - with the Heruls.

Need new boots for winter? Looking for a perfect gift for your shoe loving friends?
Zappos.com is the perfect fit for all your shoe needs!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/ltdUpD/QrSDAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM