[gothic-l] Seventeenth Gothic-Roman War 405 AD

Bertil Haggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Sun Dec 30 10:00:08 UTC 2001

Oskar,

The participation of others than the Goths
is asserted by Lars Hermodsson, _Ett krigarfolk
och dess bibel_ (1993). For further information
on Radagaisus war (17th War) on the West Roman
empire I would like to refer you to Wolfram and
Thompson. There is only five years to go to
the first conquest of Rome by the Germanics
(Alarik entered Rome with his army in 410 AD).
But more on that later in my forthcoming
short note on the Eighteenth Gothic Roman War
408 - 411 AD.

Gothically

Bertil

> Just a correction, I know this was a Gothic war with obvious Gothic troops, but I was rather aiming at Vandal and Burgundian participtation in the campaign...

Tiny Wireless Camera under $80!
Order Now! FREE VCR Commander!
Click Here - Only 1 Day Left!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/WoOlbB/7.PDAA/ySSFAA/wWMplB/TM