[gothic-l] Newcomer's questions...

Cid Vale Ferreira sepia at GOTHIC.ART.BR
Mon Jan 22 19:32:28 UTC 2001

hi...

     I've joined recently and I'm not (as you will see) an expert on the
 subject. Recently I started an essay about an italian Gothic Sculptor
called
 Lorenzo Maitani and became fascinated with the background information
 concerning Goths. I have some questions and I think this is the best place
 could get fine answers...

     Well, here we go...

     - I read an article saying that the Goth descend from Sweden's Gotars.
 Is that true?
     - The Gotars were originally from Götaland or Scandza?
     - The main deity of the Gotar was supposed to be Gaut (Odin), but there
 is any evidence of this?
     - There are any know material about where Gotar's religious differs
from
 the "general" nordic traditions?
     - There are any know material about Goths's religious traditions?
     - Do you know where I can find a drawing, sculpture or painting of Gaut
 hanged (in the internet)?

     I know it's sort of abusing to send you so many questions, but I'd
 really apreciate any answers...

 Carpe Noctem...