[gothic-l] A fascinating history project

turktarihi turktarihi at TTNET.NET.TR
Tue Jan 23 11:31:31 UTC 2001

Dear Colleagues,

Since its establishment, YENI TURKIYE has become one of the most serious and
prestigious research and publication institutes in Turkey. There have been
conducted many researches on social and historical themes and outcomes have
been published as the special editions of its academic journal, bimonthly
"Yeni Turkiye Dergisi".

In December 1999, we have accomplished 'Ottoman Research Project' and
published 'OSMANLI', 12 volumes (Turkish, 9200 pages), and "The GREAT
OTTOMAN-TURKISH CIVILISATION", 4 volumes (English, 3650 pages), of which
Prof. Halil Inalcik was the head of editorial board. Eminent professors all
over the world have contributed to this project with their precious
articles. Prof. Halil Inalcik admitted that "OSMANLI has been the most
comprehensive and serious study in the field of Ottoman History", and
confirming this, the Turkish Association of the Writers granted the
"Research of the year" award to 'OSMANLI' in 2000.

Our latest project 'PROJECT TURK', planned to be published in the autumn of
2001 (20 volumes in Turkish and 5 volumes in English), is going to comprise
the whole history of Turks. The primary objective is a comprehensive
analyses of history of Turks and their civilisation throughout the known
4000 year-existence of the this people. After the publication of this
collection, we plan to organise an international conference evaluating the
'OSMANLI' and the 'TURK' projects in ISTANBUL.

Our project is supported by the Ministry of Culture of the Republic of
Turkey, Turkish Historical Society, and various private firms and
institutions.

Hence, we will appreciate very much to see your name in our authors' list
after taking the enclosed points into consideration. We will be glad, if you
may notify the subject of your prospective study till February 15th, and
also we kindly request from you to help us to reach more scholars of the
field, by transmitting this message or telling about the project to your
friends.

Yours faithfully,

Osman KARATAY
Project Coordinator

Address:
Yeni Turkiye
Abdullah Cevdet Sk. No:33/7
Cankaya 06680 Ankara / TURKEY
Phone: +90 (312) 442 62 42 Fax: +90 (312) 442 62 52
e-mail:turktarihi at ttnet.net.tr
www.ottoman-research.com

PS: Other than the project coordinator, you may also get in contact with the
academic consultant of YENI TURKIYE, Prof. Kemal Cicek, (via his e-mail
address: cicek at ktu.edu.tr) for your further questions.

Enclosure:

1. Deadline for the proposal of the subject is February 15th, 2001.

2. Deadline for manuscripts is August 30th, 2001.

3. Manuscripts, which have to be not less than 4000 words (13 A4 pages) and
not more than 6000 words (20 A4 pages), should be original, be written with
Word 7.0 or upper versions in Times New Roman 12-point font. Manuscripts may
be sent via e-mail, as an attached file to the e-mail address:
turktarihi at ttnet.net.tr, or to our mailing address in a floppy-disk.

4. Essential notes and references should be indicated by superscript numbers
in the text and presented as footnotes, not endnotes.

5. References cited in the text should also be listed at the end of the
article (You may also include non-cited bibliographical materials in this
section).

6. Decision for publication is contingent upon evaluation of the editorial
board. After the publication, for the copyright of your manuscript $400 will
be transferred to your bank account. Please provide your bank account with
your manuscript(s).

7. The Editorial Board is composed of these names:

Prof. Dr. Yusuf Halacoglu (Head of the Editorial Board and the President of
the Turkish Historical Society)
Prof. Dr. Tuncer Baykara
Prof. Dr. Ahmet Bican Ercilasun (President of the Turkish Linguistic
Society)
Prof. Dr. Nejat Goyunc
Prof. Dr. Salim Koca
Prof. Dr. Ercument Kuran
Prof. Dr. Erdogan Mercil
Prof. Dr. Ahmet Yasar Ocak
Prof. Dr. Ilber Ortayli
Prof. Dr. Stanford Shaw
Prof. Dr. Bahaeddin Yediyildiz

8. Off-prints of the published articles will be sent to authors.

9. The draft of subjects below is not necessarily the consequent plan of the
project, but only to give an diea. Studies that are thought to be related to
the general framework of the project, are also appreciated.