[gothic-l] Runic Influences

andreas.schwarcz at UNIVIE.AC.AT andreas.schwarcz at UNIVIE.AC.AT
Mon Jan 29 14:51:57 UTC 2001

On 29 Jan 2001, at 11:14, Tore Gannholm wrote:

> >>From: Tore Gannholm <tore.gannholm at swipnet.se>
> >
> >> The Goths are defeated in Italy. What remains of the ruling class
> >> has nowhere to go. Why not try Britannia? Tore

Hi Tore,
if you read my last letter, you will find that the Goths went nowhere
and especially not to Britain. Most of them stayed in Italy and there
is ample evidence of them and their descendants there. See the
literature I quoted. No need to construct fancyful travelling routes to
seek chimaerical Goths in England.
Regards
         Andreas Schwarcz

Ao.Univ.Prof.Dr.Andreas Schwarcz
Institut für österreichische Geschichtsforschung
Universität Wien
Dr.Karl Lueger-Ring 1
A-1010 Wien
Österreich