[gothic-l] Re: Lukman

Friþunanþs Ximeneiks jimenezf at ALPHA.MONTCLAIR.EDU
Tue Jan 30 05:44:59 UTC 2001

Hej Keth,

I have the stated dissertation right next to me, it was sent to me some
three years ago by professor Lars Hemmingsen, Lukman's protegé.
The dissertation is signed, and has a greeting from professor Lukman who
was "obviously" still living when I received same.
Unfortunately, I  have yet to translate the darn thing.

Friþunanþs Ximeneiks

keth at online.no wrote:

> Niels Clausen Lukman devoted many years to the study
> of heroic legend. I here found some more information
> about his dissertation:
>
> Classica et Mediaevalia * Dissertationes III
>

>             S K J O L D U N G E
>
>          U N D  S K I L F I N G E
>

>         Hunnen- und Herulerkönige
>                    in
>        ostnordischer Überlieferung
>

>                   von
>          NIELS CLAUSEN LUKMAN
>

>                GYLDENDAL
>             ________________
>              KØBENHAVN 1943

> 8vo - 207 paginas. The volume includes an index
> and a Danish resumé. On page 82 he has the
> following conclusion:
>
> Konklusion: Adils=Attila, Haldan=Huldin.

> Regards,
> Keth

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details