[gothic-l] Re: Runic Influences

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Wed Jan 31 12:42:52 UTC 2001

>> What also puzzles me is that there is a new Royal familily coming
>from
>> outside and rules the area where Sutton Hoo is located.
>> It is very difficult to know moved where without written sources.
>> Archaeological findings can be misleading.
>> Regards Tore Gannholm
>

>Hello Tore,
>
>what do you mean ' a **new** Royal family coming from outside to rule
>the Sutton Hoo area'? I was in the British Museum last week to look a
>the Sutton Hoo artefacts. The British Museum explanations attribute
>the burial to a king Raedwald (with some certainty). This Raedwald
>belonged to a long line of kings in that area which go back almost to
>the first emergence of Anglo-Saxons in Britain according to a
>genealogical chart next to the exhibition. There was no indication
>that Raedwald was a newcomer.
>
>cheers
>Dirk

Hello Dirk,
That is interesting. I didn't have the information that Raedwald is related
to the first emergence of Anglo-Saxons in Britain.
Is this a new Genealogical chart?
cheers Tore

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details