[gothic-l] Re: Godheimar=the home of the Goths

Francisc Czobor czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO
Fri Jul 6 07:55:47 UTC 2001

Hi Bertil,

It seems that we are talking about the same thing.
Like Prof. Pritsak, I saw too a reinterpretation through popular
etymology of Got- as God- (in Godthjod, Godheimar etc.).
But, in the case of Godheimar, I am not sure if it is not indeed the
"home  of Gods". I know to little about the subject to risk to sustain
a point of view or other.

Francisc