[gothic-l] Genealogy of the Royal House of the Amals.

keth at ONLINE.NO keth at ONLINE.NO
Sun Jul 8 19:12:29 UTC 2001

> I was wondering if the Goths had a Royal Genealogy like the Anglo-Saxons
>and also where online might I find the Thiudaraiks Saga.
>Le

Hi Bateman!
The good news is that they DO have a genealogy!
I found it in yet another book on the Goths, as
appendix:

....^....^....^....^....^....^....^....^....^....^....^....
  Das Königshaus der Amaler                               '
  (vereinfacht)                  GAPT                     '
                                  |                       '
                                  .                       '
                                  .                       '
                                  .                       '
                                  |                       '
                               Achiulf                    '
                           _______|_______                '
                          |               |               '
                      Vultuulf       Ermanrich            '
                          |            + 375              '
                      Valaravans          |               '
      ____________________|            Hunimund           '
     |                    |               |___________    '
unbek.Fürst          Vinitharius          |           |   '
     |                  + 376         Thorismund   Gesimund
 Vadamerca                |                               '
 & Balamber          Vandalarius?                         '
 Kg.d.Hunnen    __________|___________                    '
               |          |           |                   '
             Valamir   Thiudimir    Vidimir               '
                     m.Konkubine    + 473                 '
                       Erelieva                           '
           _______________|                               '
          |               |                               '
      Amalafrida    Theoderich d.Gr.                      '
                      454 - 526                           '
                     & Audefleda,                         '
                  Schwester Chlodwigs                     '
                          |                               '
                     Amalasuntha                          '
                          |                               '
                     Athalarich                           '