[gothic-l] Short Aartun reply

malmqvist52 at YAHOO.SE malmqvist52 at YAHOO.SE
Wed Jul 18 19:32:50 UTC 2001

Hi Keth,
> He interprets the runes in an ENTIRELY different way from
> everybody else. Always by means of sex words.

Of course he enterpret them entirely differently from others. It's
written in a totally different language. And everything doesn't have
to be incorrect just because it's erotic.
Nor I do agree with all his translations, and I also see that on some
of the objects he sees runes that are not there.
But I think he is good company there. Others also do that( or the
opposite, ignore some of the runes) sometimes in order to get the
inscription to fit the meaning they want to read in it.

Honestly, I really don't think e. g. Ottar Grönvik or anyone for that
matter really understands the elder runic inscriptions yet. I
certainly don't believe they are gothic, and I actually want to see
real proof before I believe it's something like a "proto-nordic".
I really do want to find the truth in this matter and I have a
personal theory which I'm working on. I will tell You when my results
are on the table (shortly).

Best Whishes
Anders