Ptolemy describes the fjords? [gothic-l]

Tore Gannholm tore.gannholm at SWIPNET.SE
Thu Jul 19 22:29:38 UTC 2001

Keth,
I didn't know that Norway was an island.
As far as I know a Juniper looks just like the island of Gotland.
I use Mierows translation. Jordanes
The Origin and Deeds of the Goths
in English version
Part of a Thesis
Presented to the Faculty of Princeton University
for the degree of
Doctor of Philosophy
By Charles C. Mierow
Princeton
1908

Jordanes further says that this island is in front of the mouth of the Vistula.
As a matter of fact in certain wether conditions one can see Gotland from
the "Danziger bucht".
Tore