[gothic-l] Re: Greetings -new member question-

Francisc Czobor czobor at CANTACUZINO.RO
Wed Jul 25 12:52:20 UTC 2001

Welcome, Mia!

If you are interested in the language and culture of the ancient
Germanic tribe of the Goths, try Mat Carver's Gotish tongue website
(http://www.matthewcarver.com/gutrazda/), where you'll find also a lot
of useful links, and David Salo's Gothic lessons
(http://www.terracom.net/~dorothea/david/gothic/).
You will find interesting discussions also on this list.
Good luck!

Francisc

--- In gothic-l at y..., "midnightmetal" <MidnightMetal at h...> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am German in ancestry (but totally American in reality), and have

been
> trying to not only trace back my family line to what part of

Germany, ect.,
> but also trying to learn more about the Old Germanic tribes and

their
> religious Mythos. Trying to find books on the topic has proven

frustrating
> because they are always being lumped in with the Celtic and Norse.

And I do
> not trust the Wiccan books on the topic, as many are taken from

shaky
> sources. I'm looking for specifically Eastern Germanic Lore and

physical
> facts, the earlier the better. Any books in print on the topic (that

doesn't
> cost a hundred dollars) or webpages would be profusely thanked.

Other than
> that I think I will lurk awhile to get the feel of the list more. I

am
> interested in the language and writing (Im studying the furthark

runes and
> just learning of Ogam), but most of it is Greek to me right now.
> If I am WAY off base for this list, please tell me. I know what its

like to
> have someone post something to a list that is off-topic. I do NOT

want to be

http://www.gothicpreservation.com/
> PoetMistress "Shadow'sWalk" http://trax.to/shadowswalk
> "Mia's Dream Journal" http://www.xanga.com/mia
>
> "The valley spirit never dies;
> It is the woman, primal mother.
> Her gateway is the root of heaven and Earth.
> It it like a veil barely seen.
> Use it; it will never fail.
> ~Tao Te Ching; Feng

Small business owners...