[gothic-l] Topoi

Ingemar Nordgren ingemar.nordgren at EBOX.TNINET.SE
Tue Jul 31 10:24:49 UTC 2001

Hi Dirk,

I agree with Andreas that you have made a pretty good summary of
different topoi. Your evaluation of the material however rather goes
along with Goffart, Hachmann and the antiquated Weibull. Both Wenskus
and Wagner for example are more positive  to the Scandinavian
connection. I am quite aware of all those other bizarre topoi with
exeption of the late Frankish Scandza-topos, which was interesting to
learn about. However I am of course not fully convinced by your
deductions as you probably understand.

Greetings
Ingemar

Small business owners...