[gothic-l] 2 replies - Heyerdahl, the Goths and the Aesir

Nikolai gothologist at YAHOO.COM
Fri Jun 8 15:09:02 UTC 2001

> Message: 2
>    Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 13:24:07 -0000
>    From: MCLSSAA2 at fs2.mt.umist.ac.uk
> Subject: Re: Heyerdahl, the Goths and the Aesir
>
> Is this thread leading anywhere useful? To me, it is plain
> what
> happened:-

Yes, actually, ...for those of us who are just beginning to
learn about Crimean, Goths, Azeri, Gutland, Khazar, Scandzan,
etc., etc. ...it is very useful, indeed.
I am learning of things I never would have in the university I
am attending.

And your presumptions are purely conjecture. You do not know
what really happened anymore than any of us or Prof. Heyerdahl.
But at least the Professor is out there trying to find the
truth, instead of taking the antiquarian approach from behind a
desk and stating "Well, that's just silly."

> Message: 5
>    Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:59:39 -0700
>    From: "M. Carver" <matt at invisionstudiosinc.com>
> Subject: Re: Re: Heyerdahl, the Goths and the Aesir
>
> on 6/7/01 7:37 AM, dirk at smra.co.uk at dirk at smra.co.uk wrote:
>
> I have one question. Is there no longer an Old Norse Net?

No, actually. There isn't. At least not via the address you lent
me.

> -Matþaius

=====
äî ñâèäàíüÿ.
Nikolai
^^O^^
http://www.geocities.com/gothwitches
"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dreamed before." ~ Edgar Allen Poe