[gothic-l] Re: The Goths, Gutland (Gutones) and the Guta Saga

malmqvist52 at YAHOO.SE malmqvist52 at YAHOO.SE
Tue Jun 12 21:09:06 UTC 2001

> Swedish and Gotlandic are two different languages. Gotlandic being
the
> older language.

Hi Tore,

Please present a reference for this statement. It would really
interest me. So far I agree with Dirks last post on the subject and
I  don't need to repeat it. However, here don't believe in any
conspiracy from Stockholm scholars.

Or is it a contest for the first word or something like that? Then
perhaps, perhaps Gotland wins over the "present Sweden" but certainly
not over "present Denmark" with iu[th]arkgwhnijp[e^]zstbeml[ng]dof
sueus. But this is hardly gutnish anyway.

Anders Malmqvist