[gothic-l] Sarmatians and Goths

Bertil Häggman mvk575b at TNINET.SE
Wed Mar 14 12:06:21 UTC 2001

Dirk,

Your claim concerning coin has little value
unless it is substantiated with other facts.
Who are the Skythian Goths?

Your coinage discussion is interesting but
hardly that relevant. Your enumeration of Germanic
peoples is hardly news.

As far as I understand you have not answered my question.
My claim stands: the Sarmatians remained supreme in the
Pontic steppe until the arrival of the Goths in the third century
AD. The Sarmatians and the Goths seem to have had a
modus vivendi and they became one of the constituent
elements in the composite Cherniakhovo culture.

Gothically

Bertil

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l3joGB/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/wpHWlB/TM