[gothic-l] Re: Nuernberg

dirk at SMRA.CO.UK dirk at SMRA.CO.UK
Wed Mar 14 17:14:54 UTC 2001

--- In gothic-l at y..., Ingemar Nordgren <ingemar.nordgren at e...> wrote:
> hello Dirk,
>
> Thank you for your vauable information. This issue seems to hold a
lot
> of interesting angles. I am quite aware of the attitude from some
> archaeologist that archaeological remains can not prove ethnicity. I
do
> however  partly disagree  even if they may be right  to some extent.
> will send for the catalouge as a beginning and then we will see.
>
> Warm greetings
> Ingemar

Hello Ingemar,

you are very welcome. As I stated in my earlier posting I also
believe that there can be instances were archaelogical assemblages
can be indicative of a certain ethnic/linguistic group. But as always,
 it is very important to be aware of the pitfalls I suppose.

Here is a link that takes you to a very short German newspaper article
on the Phalheim Warriors (It mentiones the name of the editor of the
catalog as Manfred Nawroth).

http://www.donaukurier.de/news/news.php?newsID=41533

 Let me know what you think of the catalog.

kind regards
Dirk

Dr. Dirk Faltin

http://us.click.yahoo.com/l3joGB/DMUCAA/4ihDAA/wpHWlB/TM